Enter the total yield and the global amount of water available into the calculator to determine the Water Efficiency.
- All Efficiency Calculators
- Feed Efficiency Calculator
- Diffraction Efficiency Calculator
- Gravity Fed Water Pressure Calculator
- RO Efficiency Calculator
- Water Heater Efficiency Calculator
Water Efficiency Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Water Efficiency.
Ew = Y / W
- Where Ew is the Water Efficiency
- Y is the total yield
- W is the global amount of water available
How to Calculate Water Efficiency?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Water Efficiency.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total yield. In this example, the total yield is given as 40.
- Next, determine the global amount of water available. For this problem, the global amount of water available is given as 60.
- Finally, calculate the Water Efficiency using the equation above:
Ew = Y / W
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation:
Ew = 40 /60 = .66
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as above, first define the variables required by the formula. In this case, these values are:
total yield = 78
global amount of water available = 239
Entering these values yields:
Ew = 78 / 239 = .326