Enter the horizontal divergence and the vertical divergence into the Wind Divergence Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Wind Divergence.
Wind Divergence Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Wind Divergence.
WD = HD + VD
- WD is the Wind Divergence (m/s)
- HD is the horizontal divergence
- VD is the vertical divergence
How to Calculate Wind Divergence?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Wind Divergence.
- First, determine the horizontal divergence.
- Next, determine the vertical divergence.
- Next, gather the formula from above = WD = HD + VD.
- Finally, calculate the Wind Divergence.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
horizontal divergence = 50
vertical divergence = 13
WD = HD + VD = ?