Enter the radius, wind speed, air density, and efficiency factor into the calculator to determine the total power output from the wind.
- Electric Potential Calculator
- Electrical Power Calculator
- Power Calculator
- Wind Pressure & Force Calculator
- Blowing Force Calculator
- Wind Velocity Calculator
- Wind Turbine Energy Calculator
Wind Power Formula
The following equation is used to calculate wind power.
P = π/2 * r² * v³ * ρ * n
- Where P is the power in watts
- r is the radius of the turbine
- v is the velocity of the wind moving through the turbine
- p is the air density (1.2 kg/m^3)
- n is the efficiency factor (typically 40%)
Wind Power Definition
Wind power is defined as the total amount of energy per unit of time that a wind turbine can generate through the kinetic energy of moving air.
Wind Power Example
How to calculate wind power?
- First, determine the radius.
Measure the radius of the turbine.
- Next, determine the velocity.
Measure the velocity of the moving wind.
- Next, determine the efficiency.
Determine the efficiency of the wind turbine.
- Finally, calculate the wind power.
Calculate the power generated by the turbine using the equation above.
Wind power is energy generated through capturing kinetic energy in moving air masses. This is captured typically by a wind turbine.
A wind turbine is a device that turns the kinetic energy of wind into electrical energy that can be distributed to the electrical grid.
The maximum efficiency of a wind turbine is 59.26%.