Enter the total number of words and the total number of pages into the Word Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Word Density.
- All Density Calculators
- Lexical Density Calculator
- GWAM (Gross Words Per Minute) Calculator
- Standard Notation Calculator (Word/Number to Standard Notations)
Word Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Word Density.
WD = #W / #P
- Where WD is the Word Density (words/page)
- #W is the total number of words
- #P is the total number of pages
How to Calculate Word Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Word Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of words.
- The total number of words is given as: 3000.
- Next, determine the total number of pages.
- The total number of pages is provided as: 60.
- Finally, calculate the Word Density using the equation above:
WD = #W / #P
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
WD =3000 / 60 = 50 (words/page)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total number of words = 1500
total number of pages = 23
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
WD = #W / #P = ?