Enter the work, the distance, and the time into the calculator to determine the Work to Energy.
- All Energy Calculators
- Frequency To Energy Calculator
- Wavelength to Energy Calculator
- Energy To Force Calculator
- Watts to Energy Calculator
- Power to Energy Calculator
- Momentum to Kinetic Energy Calculator
- Force to Energy Calculator
Work to Energy Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Work to Energy.
E = W/d * t
- Where E is the Work to Energy (Joules)
- W is the work (N-m)
- d is the distance (m)
- t is the time (s)
What are the units for Work to Energy?
The most common units for Work to Energy are Joules.
How to Calculate Work to Energy?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Work to Energy.
First, determine the work. In this example, the work is determined to be 43 (N-m).
Next, determine the distance. For this problem, the distance is measured to be 96 (m).
Next, determine the time. In this case, the time is found to be 4 (s).
Finally, calculate the Work to Energy using the formula above:
E = W/d * t
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
E = 43/96 * 4 = 1.791 (Joules)