Enter the input/source voltage (volts) and the amplifier gain into the calculator to determine the Amplifier Voltage.
Amplifier Voltage Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Amplifier Voltage.
Va = Vi * G
- Where Va is the Amplifier Voltage (volts)
- Vi is the input/source voltage (volts)
- G is the amplifier gain
How to Calculate Amplifier Voltage?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Amplifier Voltage.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the input/source voltage (volts). In this example, the input/source voltage (volts) is measured to be 45.
- Next, determine the amplifier gain. For this problem, the amplifier gain is calculated to be 4.
- Finally, calculate the Amplifier Voltage using the formula above:
Va = Vi * G
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Va = 45 * 4 = 180 (volts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
input/source voltage (volts) = 50
amplifier gain = 2
Entering these values into the formula above gives :
Va = 50 * 2 = 100 (volts)