Enter the chance of event A occurring and the change of both A and B occurring into the calculator. The calculator will determine the probability of event B occurring.
Conditional Probability Calculator
The following formula can be used to calculate the probability of an event occurring.
Pb = Pab/Pa
- Where Pb is the probability of event B occurring
- Pab is the probability of both A and B occurring
- Pa is the probability of even A occurring
Conditional Probability Definition
A conditional probability is the chance on two dependent events occurring.
How to calculate a conditional probability?
How to calculate a conditional probability
- First, determine the probability of a
This is the percent chance of the event a happening.
- Next, determine the probability of Pab
This is the chance of both event A and B both occurring.
- Finally, calculate the chance of B
Calculate the probability of B using the information from steps 1 & 2, along with the equation presented above.
Conditional probability is an event in which the chance of that event occurring is directly tied to the chance of another event.
Probability is another way of same the chance or likelihood of a specific scenario happening.