Enter the current (amps), the voltage (volts), and the time (seconds) into the calculator to determine the Energy from the Current.
- All Energy Calculators
- Magnetic Energy Calculator
- Battery Energy Calculator
- Over Load Current Calculator
- Voltage to Energy Calculator
Energy from Current Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Energy from Current.
E = I * V* T
- Where E is the Energy from Current (Joules)
- I is the current (amps)
- V is the voltage (volts)
- T is the time (seconds)
How to Calculate Energy from Current?
The following example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Energy from Current.
Example Problem #1
- First, determine the current (amps). In this example, the current (amps) is determined to be 4 .
- Next, determine the voltage (volts). For this problem, the voltage (volts) is measured to be 3 .
- Next, determine the time (seconds). In this case, the time (seconds) is found to be 10.
- Finally, calculate the Energy from Current using the formula above:
E = I * V* T
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation yields:
E = 4*3*10 = 120 (Joules)
Example Problem #2
Using the same method as above, first, we need to measure or determine the variables required by the equation. For this example problem, these are provided as follows:
current (amps) = 50
voltage (volts) = 4
time (seconds) = 2
Enter these given values into the calculator or above yields:
E =50 * 4* 2 = 400 (Joules)