Enter the waste amount and the density of the material to determine the required dumpster size. This calculator helps you estimate the volume of a dumpster needed to dispose of a certain amount of waste.
Dumpster Size Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the dumpster size.
DS = WA * D
- DS is the dumpster size (cubic yards)
- WA is the waste amount (cubic yards)
- D is the density of the waste material (lbs per cubic yard)
To calculate the dumpster size, multiply the waste amount by the density of the waste material.
What is Dumpster Size?
Dumpster size refers to the volume of a dumpster required to hold a specific amount of waste material. It is an important consideration for waste management, as selecting the correct dumpster size can help avoid additional fees for overfilling or requiring multiple dumpsters. The size is typically measured in cubic yards and can vary depending on the density of the material being disposed of.
How to Calculate Dumpster Size?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Dumpster Size.
- First, determine the waste amount (WA) in cubic yards.
- Next, determine the density of the waste material (D) in pounds per cubic yard.
- Next, gather the formula from above = DS = WA * D.
- Finally, calculate the Dumpster Size (DS) in cubic yards.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
Waste amount (WA) = 5 cubic yards
Density of the waste material (D) = 500 lbs per cubic yard