Enter the pound force (lbf) and the acceleration due to gravity (ft/s^2) into the Pound Mass Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Pound Mass.
- All Mass Calculators
- Pound Mass to Pound Force Calculator
- Particles to Mass Calculator
- Equivalent Mass Calculator
Pound Mass Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Pound Mass.
PM = PF / a
- Where PM is the Pound Mass (lbs)
- PF is the pound force (lbf)
- a is the acceleration due to gravity (ft/s^2)
How to Calculate Pound Mass?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Pound Mass.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the pound force (lbf).
- The pound force (lbf) is given as: 500.
- Next, determine the acceleration due to gravity (ft/s^2).
- The acceleration due to gravity (ft/s^2) is provided as: 32.174049.
- Finally, calculate the Pound Mass using the equation above:
PM = PF / a
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
PM = 500 / 32.174049 = 15.540 (lbs)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
pound force (lbf) = 600
acceleration due to gravity (ft/s^2) = 32.174049
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
PM = PF / a = ?