Enter the step angle (degrees) and the pulse frequency (hz) into the Stepper Speed Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Stepper Speed.
Stepper Speed Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Stepper Speed.
SS = a/360 * pf * 60
- SS is the Stepper Speed (RPM)
- a is the step angle (degrees)
- pf is the pulse frequency (hz)
To calculate the stepper speed, divide the step angle by 360, multiply by the pulse frequency, then multiply by 60.
How to Calculate Stepper Speed?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Stepper Speed.
- First, determine the step angle.
- Next, determine the pulse frequency (hz).
- Next, gather the formula from above = SS = a/360 * pf * 60.
- Finally, calculate the Stepper Speed.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
step angle = .75
pulse frequency (hz) = 1000
SS = a/360 * pf * 60 = ?