Enter the cardiac output and heart rate into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate the stroke volume produced by that heart.
- All Volume Calculators
- Aerobic Capacity Calculator (V02 Max Calculator)
- Resting Heart Rate Calculator
- Fat Burning Zone Calculator
- Pulse Pressure Calculator
Stroke Volume Formula
The following equation could be used to calculate stroke volume.
SV = CO / HR
- Where SV is stroke volume
- CO is cardiac output
- HR is heart rate
Stroke Volume Definition
A stroke volume is defined as the ratio of cardiac output to heart rate.
Stroke Volume Example
How to calculate stroke volume
- First, determine the heart rate
The heart rate should be measured in beats per minute.
- Next, determine the cardiac output
This is typically measure in liters per minute.
- Finally, calculate the stroke volume
Calculate the stroke volume using the cardiac output and the heart rate.
A stroke volume is a measure of how much volume of blood the heart moves per beat.