Enter the warp factor into the calculator below to calculate the velocity or warp speed of an object.
- Time Dilation Calculator
- Wave Speed Calculator
- Frequency of Light Calculator
- Length Contraction Calculator
- Recessional Velocity Calculator
Warp Speed Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the warp speed velocity of a spaceship.
v = w10/3c
- Where v is the velocity (m/s)
- w is the warp factor
- c is the speed of light
This formula is derived from the technical manual outlined in the Star Trek next generations by Mike, Okuda.
Warp Speed Example
How to calculate a warp speed?
- First, determine the warp factor.
The warp factor is a measure of the ratio of the speed of light based on the warp scale.
- Next, calculate the warp speed.
Calculate the velocity using the formula above.
Warp speed itself is not on specific speed. It’s a range of velocities based on the speed of light and the warp factor.