Enter the atmospheric pressure and gauge press into the calculator to determine the absolute pressure.
- Pressure Altitude Calculator
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Pressure Calculator
- Water Vapor Pressure Calculator
Absolute Pressure Formula
The follow equation is used to calculate an absolute pressure.
Pa = Pg + Pat
- Where Pa is the absolute pressure
- Pg is the gauge pressure
- Pat is the atmospheric pressure
Absolute Pressure Definition
Absolute pressure is defined as the sum of the atmospheric pressure and gauge pressure.
Absolute Pressure Example
How to calculate absolute pressure?
- First, determine the gauge pressure.
Calculate the gauge pressure.
- Next, determine the atmospheric pressure.
Calculate the atmospheric pressure.
- Finally, calculate the absolute pressure.
Calculate the absolute pressure using the formula above.
The absolute pressure in simple terms is the sum of a gauge pressure plus the atmospheric pressure.
Absolute pressure is needed to analyze the pressure differential between different environments. Gauges can only directly measure the “gauge pressure” which is the pressure with respect to the atmosphere.