Enter the temperature in Celsius into the calculator below to determine the water vapor pressure.
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Water Pressure Calculator
- Pressure Altitude Calculator
- VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) Calculator
- Water Vapor Transmission Rate Calculator
Water Vapor Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the saturated water vapor pressure.
P = 0.61*e(18.68-T/234.5)*(T/(257.14+T)
- Where P is the saturated vapor pressure (kPA)
- T is the temperature (C)
Water Vapor Pressure Definition
A water vapor pressure is a pressure required in order for the water vapor in the air to be at equilibrium.
Water Vapor Pressure Example
How to calculate water vapor pressure?
- First, measure the temperature of the air.
If necessary, convert the temperature into units of Celsius.
- Next, enter the temperature into the formula.
Calculate the water vapor pressure using the temperature from step 1 and the formula above.
- Finally, analyze the results.
Do the results make logical sense? If so, you have your answer, if not, check the calculation.
A water vapor pressure is a specific pressure or maximum pressure required at any given temperature for the water vapor in the air to be at equilibrium.
The following formula is used to calculate the water vapor pressure.