Enter the area to be covered and the coverage rate of the adhesive into the calculator to determine the amount of adhesive needed. This calculator helps in estimating the quantity of adhesive required for a given project.
Adhesive Coverage Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the amount of adhesive needed.
A = C / CR
- A is the adhesive needed (gallons)
- C is the area to be covered (square feet)
- CR is the coverage rate (square feet per gallon)
To calculate the amount of adhesive needed, divide the area to be covered by the coverage rate of the adhesive.
What is Adhesive Coverage?
Adhesive coverage refers to the area that can be covered by a specific amount of adhesive, typically measured in square feet per gallon. It is an important factor to consider when planning a project that involves the application of adhesives, such as flooring, tiling, or wallpapering. Knowing the coverage rate helps in estimating the quantity of adhesive needed to complete the job without running out or over-purchasing.
How to Calculate Adhesive Needed?
The following steps outline how to calculate the amount of adhesive needed.
- First, determine the area to be covered (C) in square feet.
- Next, determine the coverage rate of the adhesive (CR) in square feet per gallon.
- Next, gather the formula from above = A = C / CR.
- Finally, calculate the adhesive needed (A) in gallons.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
Area to be covered (C) = 500 square feet
Coverage rate of the adhesive (CR) = 250 square feet per gallon