Enter the wavelength (m) and the diameter (m) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Beamwidth.
- Beam Spread Calculator
- Beam Length Calculator
- Antenna Noise Temperature Calculator
- Antenna Trap Calculator
BW = 70*WL/D
- BW is the Beamwidth (m)
- WL is the wavelength (m)
- D is the diameter (m)
To calculate Beamwidth, divide the wavelength by the diameter, then multiply by 70.
How to Calculate Beamwidth?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Beamwidth.
- First, determine the wavelength (m).
- Next, determine the diameter (m).
- Next, gather the formula from above = BW = 70*WL/D.
- Finally, calculate the Beamwidth.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
wavelength (m) = 1238
diameter (m) = 512