Enter the poured thickness (in) and the compaction factor into the Asphalt Compaction Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Asphalt Compaction.
Asphalt Compaction Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Asphalt Compaction.
AC = T – T*CF
- AC is the Asphalt Compaction (inches of compaction)
- T is the poured thickness (in)
- CF is the compaction factor
How to Calculate Asphalt Compaction?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Asphalt Compaction.
- First, determine the poured thickness (in).
- Next, determine the compaction factor.
- Next, gather the formula from above = AC = T – T*CF.
- Finally, calculate the Asphalt Compaction.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
poured thickness (in) = 15
compaction factor = .23
AC = T – T*CF = ?