Enter the total calories and the calories per gram (cal/g) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Grams from Calories.
Grams from Calories Formula
G = C / CPG
- G is the Grams from Calories (grams)
- C is the total calories
- CPG is the calories per gram (cal/g)
To calculate Grams from Calories, divide the total calories by the unit calories per gram.
How to Calculate Grams from Calories?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Grams from Calories.
- First, determine the total calories.
- Next, determine the calories per gram (cal/g).
- Next, gather the formula from above = G = C / CPG.
- Finally, calculate the Grams from Calories.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total calories = 50
calories per gram (cal/g) = 20