Enter the grid scale factor and the elevation factor into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Combined Scale Factor.
Combined Scale Factor Formula
CSF = GSF * EF
- CSF is the Combined Scale Factor ()
- GSF is the grid scale factor
- EF is the elevation factor
To calculate Combined Scale Factor, multiply the grid scale factor by the elevation factor.
How to Calculate Combined Scale Factor?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Combined Scale Factor.
- First, determine the grid scale factor.
- Next, determine the elevation factor.
- Next, gather the formula from above = CSF = GSF * EF.
- Finally, calculate the Combined Scale Factor.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
grid scale factor = 1.34
elevation factor = 2.87