Enter the control mean, the control limit, and the standard deviation into the calculator to determine the control limit LCL and UCL.
- Central Limit Theorem Calculator
- T Statistic Calculator (T-Value)
- Class Width Calculator
- CPK Calculator
Control Limit Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate the upper and lower control limits.
LCL = x – (l*x*s)
UCL = x – (-l*x*s)
- Where LCL is the lower limit
- UCL is the upper limit
- x is the mean
- s is the standard deviation
- l is the control limit
Control Limit Definitoin
A control limit is defined as the upper and lower bounds of a set of data or elements.
Control Limit Example
How to calculate control limit?
- First, determine the mean.
Measure of calculate the mean of the data.
- Next, determine the standard deviation.
Calculate the standard deviation of the data.
- Next, determine the total control limit.
Measure the total control limit.
- Finally, calculate the upper and lower bounds.
Calculate the upper and lower bounds using the formula above.
A control limit is the upper and lower bounds of a set of elements.
Control charts are charts that monitor the quality of the elements in a data set.