Enter the rate of decay (%) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Decay Factor.
Decay Factor Formula
DF = 1-DR/100
- DF is the Decay Factor ()
- DR is the rate of decay (%)
To calculate Decay Factor, subtract the result of the rate of decay over 100 from 1.
How to Calculate the Decay Factor?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Decay Factor.
- First, determine the rate of decay (%).
- Next, gather the formula from above = DF = 1-DR/100.
- Finally, calculate the Decay Factor.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
rate of decay (%) = 25