Enter the angle in degrees and the width in inches into the calculator to determine the inches (or mm) of deflection.
- Arc Length Calculator
- MOA Calculator (minute of angle)
- Central Angle Calculator
- MM to Degree Calculator
Degrees to Inches Formula
The following formula is used to convert degrees to inches.
LD = WCS * Sine (a)
- Where LD is the linear deflection (inches)
- WCS is the width of the control surface (inches)
- a is the angle
Degrees to Inches Definition
To convert degrees to inches you must multiply the width of the control surface in inches by the sine of the angle. This yields the linear deflection in inches.
Degrees to Inches Example
How to convert degrees to inches?
- First, determine the control surface width.
Measure the control surface width in inches.
- Next, determine the angle.
Measure the angle in degrees.
- Finally, calculate the deflection.
Calculate the linear deflection in inches using the formula above.
Linear deflection is a measure of the linear distance measured by the arc of an angle at a specific radius.