Enter the stress and strain acting on the material into the elasticity calculator. The calculator will return the Elastic Modulus of that material.
- Poisson’s Ratio Calculator
- Power-to-Weight Ratio Calculator
- Newton’s Second Law Calculator
- Young’s Modulus Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate the elastic modulus of a material.
E = Se/Sa
- Where E is the elastic modulus
- Sa is the strain
- Se is the stress
It’s important to note that this is strain and stress in the same direction, i.e. axial.
Elasticity is the ratio of strain to the stress of an object or material. In other words, how much a material stretches while under certain stress.
How to calculate elasticity?
How to calculate elasticity
- First, measure the strain on an object
Measure the strain on an object using proper instrumentation.
- Next, measure the stress on an object
Using the same instrumentation/press, measure the stress on the object.
- Calculate the elastic modulus
Calculator the elastic modulus using the formula above.
Elasticity is a measure of a materials resistance to deforming under stress. The higher the elasticity, the more a material deforms under stress.