Enter the voltage (volts), the current (amps), and the time (seconds) into the calculator to determine the Electrical Work.
- All Physics Work Calculators
- Total Work Calculator
- Spring Work Calculator
- Rate of Work Calculator
- Kinetic Energy To Work Calculator
- Output Work Calculator
- Velocity to Work Calculator
Electrical Work Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Electrical Work.
We = V*I*t
- Where We is the Electrical Work (Joules)
- V is the voltage (volts)
- I is the current (amps)
- t is the time (seconds)
How to Calculate Electrical Work?
The following example problems outline how to calculate the Electrical Work.
Example Problem #1
- First, determine the voltage (volts). In this example, the voltage (volts) is given as 75 .
- Next, determine the current (amps). For this problem, the current (amps) is given as 6 .
- Next, determine the time (seconds). In this case, the time (seconds) is found to be 3.
- Finally, calculate the Electrical Work using the formula above:
We = V*I*t
Inserting the values from above and solving yields:
We = 75*6*3 = 1350 (Joules)
Example Problem #2
Using the same method as above, determine the variables required by the equation. For this example problem, these are provided as:
voltage (volts) = 5
current (amps) = 96
time (seconds) = 8
Enter these given values yields:
We = 5*96*8 = 3840 (Joules)