Enter the total power and the total time into the calculator to determine the Energy.
- All Energy Calculators
- Mechanical Energy Calculator
- Average Kinetic Energy Calculator
- Elastic Potential Energy Calculator
- Electric Energy Calculator
- Surface Energy Calculator
The following equation is used to calculate the Energy.
E = P*t
- Where E is the Energy (Joules)
- P is the total power (Watts, W)
- t is the total time (seconds)
What are the units for Energy?
The most common units for Energy are Joules.
How to Calculate Energy?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Energy.
First, determine the total power. In this example, the total power is determined to be 15 (Watts, W).
Next, determine the total time. For this problem, the total time is measured to be 3 (seconds).
Finally, calculate the Energy using the formula above:
E = P*t
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
E = 15*3 = (Joules)