Enter the excavation length, the excavation width, the excavation depth, and the cost per unit volume into Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Excavation Cost.
Excavation Cost Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Excavation Cost.
EC = EL * EW * ED * CPV
- EC is the Excavation Cost ($)
- EL is the excavation length (ft)
- EW is the excavation width (ft)
- ED is the excavation depth (ft)
- CPV is the cost per unit volume of excavation ($/ft^3)
To calculate Excavation Cost, multiply the total volume of excavation by the cost per unit volume to excavate the area.
How to Calculate Excavation Cost?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Excavation Cost.
- First, determine the excavation length.
- Next, determine the excavation width.
- Next, determine the excavation depth.
- Next, determine the cost per unit volume of excavation.
- Next, gather the formula from above = EC = EL * EW * ED * CPV.
- Finally, calculate the Excavation Cost.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
excavation length = 5
excavation width = 3
excavation depth = 2
cost per unit volume = 3$/ft^3
EC = EL * EW * ED * CPV = ?