Enter the total time of operation (min) and the number of cycles into the Excavator Cycle Time Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Excavator Cycle Time.
Excavator Cycle Time Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Excavator Cycle Time.
ECT = T / C
- ECT is the Excavator Cycle Time (min/cycle)
- T is the total time of operation (min)
- C is the number of cycles
To calculate the excavator cycle time, divide the total time or operation by the number of buckets/cycles.
How to Calculate Excavator Cycle Time?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Excavator Cycle Time.
- First, determine the total time of operation (min).
- Next, determine the number of cycles.
- Next, gather the formula from above = ECT = T / C.
- Finally, calculate the Excavator Cycle Time.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total time of operation (min) = 500
number of cycles = 30
ECT = T / C = ?