Enter the expected value ($) and the expected cost ($) into the calculator to determine the Expected Profit.
- All Profit Calculators
- Expected Value Calculator
- Expected Monetary Value Calculator
- Total Profit Calculator
Expected Profit Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Expected Profit.
EP = EV - EC
- Where EP is the Expected Profit ($)
- EV is the expected value ($)
- EC is the expected cost ($)
To calculate the expected profit, subtract the expected cost from the expected value.
How to Calculate Expected Profit?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Expected Profit.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the expected value ($). In this example, the expected value ($) is given as 123.
- Next, determine the expected cost ($). For this problem, the expected cost ($) is given as 23.
- Finally, calculate the Expected Profit using the equation above:
EP = EV – EC
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
EP = 123 – 23 = 100 ($)
Example Problem #2:
The variables needed for this problem are provided below:
expected value ($) = 60
expected cost ($) = 20
Entering these values and solving gives:
EP = 60 – 20 = 40 ($)