Enter the field number (f-number) and the objective magnification into the calculator to determine the field of view.
- Depth of Field Calculator
- Magnification Calculator
- Aperture Area Calculator
- Thin Lens Calculator
- ND Filter Calculator
- Vertical FOV Calculator
Field of View Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a field of view.
FOV = FN / M
- Where FN is the field number (f-number)
- M is the objective magnification
- FOV is the field of view
To calculate field of view, divide the f-number by the objective magnification.
Field of View Definition
A field of view is defined as the distance of the observable area seen through a microscope or telescope.
Field of View Example
How to calculate a field of view?
- First, determine the f-number.
Calculate the field number.
- Next, determine the objective magnification.
Calculate or measure the magnification.
- Finally, calculate the field of view.
Calculate the field of view using the equation above.
A field of view is the total amount of distance across the observable area of a microscope.