Enter the flight speed (MPH) and the flight time (hours) into the Flight Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Flight Length.
- All Length Calculators
- Time Length Calculator
- Private Jet Cost Per Hour Calculator
- Glide Distance Calculator
Flight Length Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Flight Length.
FL = FS * FT
- Where FL is the Flight Length (miles)
- FS is the flight speed (MPH)
- FT is the flight time (hours)
How to Calculate Flight Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Flight Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the flight speed (MPH).
- The flight speed (MPH) is given as: 400.
- Next, determine the flight time (hours).
- The flight time (hours) is provided as: 2.5.
- Finally, calculate the Flight Length using the equation above:
FL = 400 * 2.5
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
FL = FS * FT = (miles)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
flight speed (MPH) = 500
flight time (hours) = 3
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
FL = FS * FT = ?