Enter the frames per second (FPS) achieved and the cost of the hardware to determine the FPS per dollar. This calculator helps in evaluating the cost-effectiveness of gaming or video rendering hardware.
FPS Per Dollar Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the FPS per dollar.
FPS/D = FPS / Cost
- FPS/$ is the frames per second per dollar
- FPS is the frames per second achieved
- Cost is the cost of the hardware in dollars
To calculate FPS per dollar, divide the frames per second achieved by the cost of the hardware.
What is FPS Per Dollar?
FPS per dollar is a measure of the cost-effectiveness of computer hardware, such as graphics cards or entire gaming systems, in terms of the performance they deliver for gaming or video rendering. It is calculated by dividing the frames per second that the hardware can achieve by the cost of the hardware. This metric is useful for comparing different hardware options and determining which offers the best value for money in terms of gaming or rendering performance.
How to Calculate FPS Per Dollar?
The following steps outline how to calculate the FPS Per Dollar.
- First, determine the frames per second (FPS) achieved by the hardware.
- Next, determine the cost of the hardware in dollars.
- Next, gather the formula from above = FPS/$ = FPS / Cost.
- Finally, calculate the FPS Per Dollar (FPS/$).
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
Frames per second (FPS) achieved = 120 FPS
Cost of the hardware = $400