Enter the glucose level and the insulin level into the Glucose to Insulin Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Glucose to Insulin Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Anaerobic Heart Rate Calculator
- Potassium to Creatinine Ratio Calculator
- Sodium to Potassium Ratio Calculator
Glucose to Insulin Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Glucose to Insulin Ratio.
GIR = G / I
- Where GIR is the Glucose to Insulin Ratio ( )
- G is the glucose level
- I is the insulin level
To calculate the glucose to insulin ratio, divide the glucose level by the insulin level.
How to Calculate Glucose to Insulin Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Glucose to Insulin Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the glucose level.
- The glucose level is given as: 13.
- Next, determine the insulin level.
- The insulin level is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Glucose to Insulin Ratio using the equation above:
GIR = G / I
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
GIR = 13/20 = .65
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
glucose level = 15
insulin level = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
GIR = G / I = ?