Enter the glucose level and the insulin level into the Glucose to Insulin Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Glucose to Insulin Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Anaerobic Heart Rate Calculator
- Potassium to Creatinine Ratio Calculator
- Sodium to Potassium Ratio Calculator
Glucose to Insulin Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Glucose to Insulin Ratio.
GIR = G / I
- Where GIR is the Glucose to Insulin Ratio ( )
- G is the glucose level
- I is the insulin level
How to Calculate Glucose to Insulin Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Glucose to Insulin Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the glucose level.
- The glucose level is given as: 13.
- Next, determine the insulin level.
- The insulin level is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Glucose to Insulin Ratio using the equation above:
GIR = G / I
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
GIR = 13/20 = .65
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
glucose level = 15
insulin level = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
GIR = G / I = ?