Enter your age into the calculator below to determine your anaerobic heart rate in beats per minute.
- Heart Rate Zone Calculator
- Max Heart Rate Calculator
- Heart Rate Recovery Calculator
- Anaerobic Threshold Calculator
Anaerobic Heart Rate Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an anaerobic heart rate.
AHR = (220-A) * .85
- Where AHR is your anaerobic heart rate (BPM)
- A is your age
To calculate your estimated anaerobic heart rate, subtract your age from 200, then multiply by .85.
Anaerobic Heart Rate Definition
An anaerobic heart rate is the heart rate of a person whose heart rate is at 80-90% of their max heart rate. This activity is defined as exercise that requires immediate energy from phosphates and glucose.
Anaerobic Heart Rate Example
How to calculate an anaerobic heart rate?
- First, determine your max heart rate.
Subtract your age from 220 to determine your max heart rate.
- Next, determine your anaerobic level.
Calculate your anaerobic heart rate by multiplying your max heart rate by 80-90%.
An anaerobic workout is any exercise of intense levels that requires your body to use stored energy like glucose for immediate energy.