Enter your age into the calculator below to determine your anaerobic heart rate in beats per minute.
- Heart Rate Zone Calculator
- Max Heart Rate Calculator
- Heart Rate Recovery Calculator
- Anaerobic Threshold Calculator
Anaerobic Heart Rate Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an anaerobic heart rate.
AHR = (220-A) * .85
- Where AHR is your anaerobic heart rate (BPM)
- A is your age
Anaerobic Heart Rate Definition
An anaerobic heart rate is the heart rate of a person whose heart rate is at 80-90% of their max heart rate. This activity is defined as exercise that requires immediate energy from phosphates and glucose.
Anaerobic Heart Rate Example
How to calculate an anaerobic heart rate?
- First, determine your max heart rate.
Subtract your age from 220 to determine your max heart rate.
- Next, determine your anaerobic level.
Calculate your anaerobic heart rate by multiplying your max heart rate by 80-90%.
An anaerobic workout is any exercise of intense levels that requires your body to use stored energy like glucose for immediate energy.