Enter the total weight lost and the total original weight into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Grain Shrinkage.
Grain Shrinkage Formula
GS = WL / OW * 100
- GS is the Grain Shrinkage (%)
- WL is the total weight lost
- OW is the total original weight
To calculate Grain Shrinkage, divide the total weight lost by the original weight, then multiply by 100.
How to Calculate Grain Shrinkage?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Grain Shrinkage.
- First, determine the total weight lost.
- Next, determine the total original weight.
- Next, gather the formula from above = GS = WL / OW * 100.
- Finally, calculate the Grain Shrinkage.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total weight lost = 400
total original weight = 2000