Enter the hertz (hz) and the number of poles into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the RPM from Hz.
RPM from Hz Formula
RPM = HZ * 60 * 2 / P
- RPM is the RPM from Hz (rotations per minute)
- HZ is the hertz (hz)
- #P is the number of poles
To calculate RPM from Hz, multiply the hertz by 120, then divide by the number of poles.
How to Calculate RPM from Hz?
The following steps outline how to calculate the RPM from Hz.
- First, determine the hertz (hz).
- Next, determine the number of poles.
- Next, gather the formula from above = RPM = HZ * 60 * 2 / #P.
- Finally, calculate the RPM from Hz.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
hertz (hz) = 150
number of poles = 4