Enter the x,y, and x coordinates of two different vectors into the calculator. The calculator will display the inner product of those two vectors.
- Cross Product Calculator
- Dot Product Calculator
- Vector Addition Calculator
- Resultant Vector Calculator
Inner Product Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the inner product of two vectors.
a * b = Ma * Mb * cos (x)
- Where a and b are vectors
- Ma and Mb are the magnitudes of those two vectors
- x is the angle between vectors a and b
To calculate the inner product multiply the magnitudes of vectors a and b by the cosine of the angle between them.
Inner Product Definition
An inner product is a mathematical scalar value of the multiplication of two or more vectors of an undetermined size.
How to calculate inner product?
How to calculate an inner product
- First, determine the vectors a and b.
Find the x,y, and z coordinates of the vectors.
- Next, calculate the magnitude and angle.
Calculate the magnitudes of vectors a and b and the angle between the two vectors.
- Calculate the inner product
Calculate the inner product using the equation above and the information from steps 1 and 2.
An inner product, also known as a dot product, is a mathematical scalar value representing the multiplication of two vectors.