Enter the start date and the notice period into the calculator to determine your last working day. This calculator helps you to find out the date of your last day at work after serving the notice period.
Last Working Day Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the last working day.
LWD = SD + NP
- LWD is the last working day (date)
- SD is the start date (date)
- NP is the notice period (days)
To calculate the last working day, add the notice period to the start date.
What is a Last Working Day?
The last working day is the final day of employment at a company or organization. It is determined by adding the notice period, which is the number of days an employee is required to work after submitting their resignation, to their start date or resignation date. This date is important for both the employer and employee for planning transitions and ensuring all responsibilities are completed or handed over before the employee’s departure.
How to Calculate Last Working Day?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Last Working Day.
- First, determine the start date (SD) or the date of resignation.
- Next, determine the notice period (NP) in days that needs to be served.
- Next, gather the formula from above = LWD = SD + NP.
- Finally, calculate the Last Working Day (LWD).
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
Start date (SD) = 2023-04-01
Notice period (NP) = 30 days