Enter the length (in) and the surface area (in) into the Volume From Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Volume From Length.
- All Volume Calculators
- Surface Area to Volume Calculator
- Titration Volume Calculator
- Disc Volume Calculator
Volume From Length Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Volume From Length.
Vl = L * SA
- Where Vl is the Volume From Length (in^3)
- L is the length (in)
- SA is the surface area (in)
How to Calculate Volume From Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Volume From Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the length (in).
- The length (in) is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the surface area (in).
- The surface area (in) is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Volume From Length using the equation above:
Vl = L * SA
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
Vl = 5 * 10 = 50 (in^3)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
length (in) = 7
surface area (in) = 8
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
Vl = L * SA = ?