Enter the density of the fluid, flow velocity, and cross-sectional flow area into the calculator to determine the mass flow rate of the fluid.
- Water Flow Rate Calculator
- Pipe Flow Calculator
- Bernoulli Equation Calculator (Solve for Mass and Volume Flow Rate)
- Volumetric Flow Rate Calculator
Mass Flow Rate Formula
The follow formula is used to calculate the mass flow rate of any in-compressible fluid.
m = p * V * A
- Where m is the mass flow rate kg/s
- p is the density of the fluid in kg/m^3
- A is the cross sectional area m^2
- V is the flow velocity in m/s
Mass Flow Rate Definition
A mass flow rate is defined as the total mass of a fluid or substance that moves through a given cross-sectional area per unit of time.
Mass Flow Rate Example
How to calculate mass flow rate?
- First, determine the density of the fluid.
Measure the density of the fluid.
- Next, determine the cross sectional area.
Calculate the cross sectional area the fluid is moving through.
- Next, determine the velocity.
Measure the velocity of the fluid.
- Finally, calculate the mass flow rate.
Use the formula above to calculate the mass flow rate.
Mass flow rate is the total amount of mass of fluid that flows through an area per any given time sample. Most often it’s measured in kg per second.
Mass flow rate is calculated through the density, flow speed, and cross sectional flow area.