Enter the flow velocity and the cross-sectional area into the calculator to determine the volumetric flow rate of a fluid.
- Mass Flow Rate Calculator
- Water Flow Rate Calculator
- Pipe Flow Calculator
- Deaerator Vent Rate Calculator
- SCCM Calculator
- Linear Flow Rate Calculator
Volumetric Flow Rate Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the volumetric flow rate of a fluid moving through a pipe.
V = A*v
- Where V is the volumetric flow rate
- A is the cross-sectional area (m^2)
- v is the flow velocity (m/s)
To calculate the volumetric flow rate, multiply the cross-sectional area by the linear velocity of flow.
Volumetric Flow Rate Definition
A volumetric flow rate is the total volume of fluid moving through a cross-sectional area per unit of time.
Volumetric Flow Rate Example
How to calculate volumetric flow rate?
- First, determine the cross-sectional area.
Measure the area the fluid is moving through.
- Next, determine the flow velocity.
Calculate or measure the velocity of flow.
- Finally, calculate the volumetric flow rate.
Calculate the VFR using the equation above.
Volumetric flow rate is the rate at which a given volume of fluid flows through the opening of an area. In other words, how much volume is passing through a point per time or second.
Flow velocity is the speed that any given particle of a fluid is moving at.