Enter the water velocity and diameter of the pipe into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate the volume flow rate of the water moving through the pipe.
- Pipe Flow Calculator
- Bernoulli Equation Calculator (Solve for Mass and Volume Flow Rate)
- Water Displacement Calculator
- Water Potential Calculator
Water Flow Rate Calculator
The following equation is used to calculate the volume flow rate of water moving through a pipe given the velocity and pipe diameter.
Q = D2 x V / .408
- Where Q is the volume flow rate in gal/min
- D is the diameter in in
- V is the velocity ft/s
Water Flow Rate Definition
Water flow rate is typically either a rate of mass or volume of water that is moving through a pipe. In this case the equation above solves for galons per minute.
Water Flow Rate Example
How to calculate water flow rate?
- First, determine the diameter of the pipe.
Measure the diameter of the pipe.
- Next, determine the velocity of the flow.
Measure the water flow velocity.
- Finally, calculate the water flow rate.
Using the formula above, calculate the flow rate in gal/min.
Water flow is a measure the the volume of water moving through an opening per unit of time.