Enter the total moles of a solute and the total volume of a solution into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the molarity of the solution. Molarity is also known as molar concentration.
The following formula is used to calculate the molarity of a solute in a solution.
M = mol s / L
- Were M is the molarity
- mols s is the total number of moles of solute
- L is the total volume of solution in liters
Molarity is defined as the total number of moles per unit of volume, typically a liter.
How to calculate molarity
Use the following steps to calculate molarity:
- First, measure the total number of moles of solute in the chemical mixture.
- Next, measure the total volume of solution in liters.
- Finally, calculate the molarity using the formula presented above.
Molarity is a measure of the number of moles per unit of volume of a given substance or solution.