Enter the acceleration due to gravity and the length of a pendulum to calculate the pendulum period and frequency. On earth, the acceleration due to gravity is always approximately 9.81 m/s^2.
- Frequency Calculator
- Acceleration Calculator
- Gravitational Potential Energy Calculator
- Natural Frequency Calculator
- Pendulum Force Calculator
The following two formulas are used to calculate the period and frequency of a simple pendulum. In this case, a simple pendulum is described as having no other external forces acting on it. This includes air resistance.
T = 2π * √(L/g)
- Where T is the period (seconds)
- L is the length
- g is the acceleration due to gravity
f = 1/T = 1/2π * √(g/L)
- Where f is the frequency
- L and g are length and acceleration as before
A pendulum is any weight suspended from a pivot that swings freely under no additional forces other than gravity.
How to calculate pendulum period?
How to calculate a pendulum period?
- 1.First, determine the length. Measure the length from the center of the mass to the pivot point.
- 2.Next, determine the acceleration due to gravity. On earth, the acceleration is 9.8 m/s^2.
- 3.Finally, calculate the pendulum swing period. Using the formula above, determine the time period.
What is a pendulum frequency?
A frequency is the number of periods per second. Add question