Enter the spring constant and the mass of a spring into the calculator to determine the natural frequency.
- Fundamental Frequency Calculator
- Resonant Frequency Calculator
- Pendulum Calculator (Frequency & Period)
- Spring Constant Calculator (F=-kx)
Natural Frequency Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the natural frequency of a spring.
f = sqrt ( k / m ) * 2*π
- Where f is the natural frequency (Hz)
- k is the spring constant (N/m)
- m is the mass of the spring (kg)
Natural Frequency Definition
A natural frequency is a frequency that a system will naturally oscillate at.
Natural Frequency Example
How to calculate natural frequency?
- First, determine the spring constant.
Determine the spring constant by applying a force and measuring the displacement.
- Next, determine the mass of the spring.
Using an accurate scale, measure the mass of the spring.
- Finally, calculate the natural frequency.
Enter the spring constant and mass into the formula to calculate the natural frequency.
A natural frequency is a certain frequency at which a system will naturally oscillate.
Oscillation is the back and forth movement of a vibrating object.