Enter the modulus of elasticity, angular deflection, length, width, and thickness of a torsion spring into the calculator to determine the torque.
- Torque Calculator
- Elasticity Calculator (Physics)
- Angular Momentum Calculator
- Young’s Modulus Calculator
Spiral Torsion Spring Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the torque provided by a spiral spring.
M = [ pi * E * b * t^3 * theta ] / [ 6 * L ]
- Where E is the modulus of elasticity
- b is the material width
- t is the material thickness
- theta is the angle of deflection
- L is the length
Spiral Torsion Definition
Spiral torsion is the measure of torque of the moment about an axis caused by a helical spring an twisting force.
Spiral Torsion Example
How to calculate spiral torsion?
- First, determine the modulus of elasticity.
Calculate the modulus of elasticity.
- Next, determine the material width.
Measure the width of the material.
- Next, determine the thickness of the material.
Measure the total thickness.
- Next, determine the length.
Calculate the total length of the spring.
- Finally, calculate the spiral torsion.
Calculate the spiral torsion using the equation above.
Spiral torsion is a measure of the torque or moment provided by a spiral or helical spring.
Torque is a measure of force per unit distance.
|spiral torsion spring calculator|
|spiral spring calculator|
|spiral torsion spring|
|spiral spring formula|
|spiral torsion spring formula|
|how to calculate spiral torsion spring|
|spiral torsion calculator|
|flat spiral spring|
|spiral torsion spring design|
|spiral torsion spring amazon|
|spiral coil spring|
|flat spiral spring calculation|
|spiral spring price|
|spiral tension spring|