Enter the number of spiral rings, the outside spiral diameter, and the inside spiral diameter into the calculator to determine the spiral length.
- Spiral Torsion Spring Calculator
- Helix Angle Calculator
- Thread Engagement Length Calculator
- Bolt Length Calculator
Spiral Length Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Spiral Length.
SL = 3.14159*N*(OD+ID)/2
- Where SL is the spiral length
- N is the number of rings
- OD is the outside diameter
- ID is the inside diameter
The units for the OD and ID should remain the same. The result will be the spiral length in the same units.