Enter the amount of water (mL) and the percolation time (min) into the Percolation Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Percolation Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Water Vapor Transmission Rate Calculator
- Evaporation Rate (Water) Calculator
- Drain Flow Rate Calculator
Percolation Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Percolation Rate.
PER = W / T
- Where PER is the Percolation Rate (mL/min)
- W is the amount of water (mL)
- T is the percolation time (min)
How to Calculate Percolation Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Percolation Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the amount of water (mL).
- The amount of water (mL) is given as: 500.
- Next, determine the percolation time (min).
- The percolation time (min) is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Percolation Rate using the equation above:
PER = W / T
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
PER = 500 / 10 = 50.00 (mL/min)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
amount of water (mL) = 600
percolation time (min) = 60
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
PER = W / T = ?