Enter the retention time for analyte and the retention time for reference into the RRT Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the RRT.
- Solids Retention Time (SRT) Calculator
- Retention Ratio Calculator
- FTE (Full-Time-Equivalent) Calculator
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the RRT.
RRT = Ta / Tr
- RRT is the RRT ( )
- Ts is the retention time for analyte
- Tr is the retention time for reference
How to Calculate RRT?
The following steps outline how to calculate the RRT.
- First, determine the retention time for analyte.
- Next, determine the retention time for reference.
- Next, gather the formula from above = RRT = Ta / Tr.
- Finally, calculate the RRT.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
retention time for analyte = 40
retention time for reference = 30
RRT = Ta / Tr = ?