Enter the mean and standard deviation of a data set into the calculator to determine the relative standard deviation.
- Standard Normal Distribution Calculator
- Empirical Rule Calculator (68%, 95%, 99.7%)
- Z-Score Calculator
- Coefficient of Determination Calculator
Relative Standard Deviation Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the relative standard deviation of a given data set.
RSD = SD / |M| *100
- Where RSD is the relative standard deviation (%)
- SD is the standard deviation
- |M| is the absolute value of the mean
Relative Standard Deviation Definition
A relative standard deviation is defined as the ratio of the standard deviation to the absolute value of the mean of a data set.
Relative Standard Deviation Example
How to calculate relative standard deviation
- First, determine the standard deviation
Calculate the standard deviation of the data set.
- Next determine the mean of the data set
The calculator will use absolute value of this mean for the calculation.
- Finally, calculate the relative standard deviation
Enter the information from steps 1 and 2 into the calculator to determine the relative standard deviation.
A relative standard deviation is a percentage of the value of a standard deviation to the value of the mean.